Let's face it, there are a lot of shopping cart (aka e-commerce) platforms/software out there in the world. Today we will look at the popular ones, those features and which one is best for which type of website. So hold on lets delve into this huge topic!
The top players:
- Magento - Magento, an open-source platform owned by the eBay group, is among the fastest growing platforms with cutting-edge solutions for every entrepreneur who wants to make it big with an eCommerce store. With almost one-fourth of the market share, Magento is often considered the market leader among ecommerce platforms. For its reliability and scalability, many popular brands use Magento as the underlying technology for their online stores, including Burger King, Huawei, Pepe Jeans & Liverpool F.C. This platform is considered the best ecommerce platform for enterprise level online stores.
- Shopify - This tops the list of one of the popular eCommerce platforms because of its easy setup, faster loading speed and secure payment gateways in addition to customisable templates for all your landing pages. Shopify hosts over 325,000 active online shops and with its focus on social commerce and mobile shopping, the platform continues to evolve to meet the growing requirements of online stores.
- BigCommerce - BigCommerce currently hosts over 55,000 online stores and is among the leading ecommerce software providers. From big names like Martha Stewart & Toyota to SMEs, the platform ideally caters to stores of all sizes and considering the comprehensive list of built in features it offers, BigCommerce is often considered the best option for those who have little to no technical knowledge, or simply don't have time to mess with the code.
- ZenCart - Zen Cart is one of the better free shopping carts. It is an open source shopping cart system, which means that developers can add to the code, developing additional features and functionalities. If you use Zen Cart, you can take advantage of the ever-increasing upgrades and new features for free.
- PrestaShop - Prestashop is among the leading names in the eCommerce industry with many businesses opting it for its advanced ecommerce shopping cart functionalities. Available for free with two packages namely cloud-based Prestashop and a downloadable form.
How to choose? Consider things like, extensions/plug-ins, help and support, popularity, ease of use, customisation, and user experience.
If you need help with anything shopping cart related, or any other help with your website, or database contact us on 02 8320 0599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and setup a time to connect you with technology today. We are your local Website Support and Development business in the Campbelltown & Macarthur region.
Some information from: