Facebook allows for a very tight integration with your website with a very little amount of integration requirements. This means a quick configuration and launch of Facebook components.
- The available options for integration are:
- Comments – The comments plugin lets people comment on content on your site using their Facebook account. People can choose to share their comment activity with their friends (and friends of their friends) on Facebook as well.
- Posts – are a simple way to put public posts – by a Page or a person on Facebook – into the content of your web site or web page. Only public posts from Facebook Pages and profiles can be embedded.
- Videos – With the embedded video player you can easily add Facebook videos and Facebook live videos to your website. You can use any public video post by a Page or a person as video or live video source.
- Common Buttons such as:
- Follow – The Follow button lets people subscribe to the public updates of others on Facebook.
- Like – A single click on the Like button will ‘like’ pieces of content on the web and share them on Facebook.
- Share – The Share button lets people add a personalised message to links before sharing on their timeline, in groups, or to their friends via a Facebook Message.
- Not all these options may be relevant for your website, for example you may already use a comment system built into your content management system such as WordPress. Luckily all these options are separate and can be implemented individually.
- The best option to start with would be the ‘Follow, and the ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ options, this gets your content out onto Facebook quickly and is easily implemented within a couple of hours.
If you need help, or just with setting up the basics and taking advantage of the system, contact us on 02 8320 0599 or email email@example.com and setup a time to connect you with technology today. We are your local Website Support and Development business in the Campbelltown & Macarthur region.