Not having a website can mean missing out on potential customers and potential revenue. The excuse of websites being too complicated or too expensive to create is no longer valid, especially with companies like GoDaddy, which gives you a domain, hosting, and email from just $6/month. Follow the 5 simple steps in this guide to have your small business website up and running in no time.
- Choose and Register Your Small Business Website’s Domain Name: The very first step is to decide what name you’ll give your website – for example, www.SmallBusiness.com.
- Choose Which Platform is Right for You: Choosing the right platform for your small business is a balance of how much time you have, how technologically advanced you are, how much you want to pay, and what you are looking to do with your website. Some options are:
- Custom Built Website
- Outline Your Website Content: Now that you know which platform you want to use for your small business, it’s time to decide what your website is going to communicate about your small business. Figuring out what to communicate on your website can be difficult, and one of the main reasons business owners put off building a website.
- Homepage: On the homepage, you should include the name of your business, your location, and a pitch – a few lines about what makes you unique and/or why customers should choose your business. Your key points of difference.
- Products and Services: This page has details about the products you sell or services your provide. On this page spend one to five sentences describing each type you offer and give the pricing.
- About Us: Provide your businesses background and list your memberships like being part of a networking group. Also include customer testimonials/reviews, which helps make your company become more trustworthy and credible.
- Contact Us: Your address, email, phone number, the hours you are open for business, and links to any social media accounts such as Google+ and Facebook should appear on this page. You should also embed a Google map of your location and include different ways of getting there if applicable.
- Decide on a Logo for your Small Business
- Use Fiverr.com
- Contact us for access to our graphic designers
- Design Your Website: Now that you have all the components for your small business website ready, it’s time to put them all together into a attractive business website. Here are some guidelines to follow during your design process:
- Have clear navigation – You want customers who visit your website to instantly know what your business is about and where to go to learn about your products or services, find pricing, and contact you. If your website is not clear, people will get frustrated and leave your website, and potentially a bad review.
- Use call to action buttons – Implementing buttons with clear actions will immediately attract the customers eye. This helps you to lead the customer to take your desired action such as registering, signing up or making a purchase.
- Make sure your site is loading quickly – Customers are impatient, and if your website takes even a fraction of a second too long to load, customers will give up and look elsewhere. Make sure your web host provider has fast load times.
- Keep it minimal – Don’t overdo it with the design and don’t feel like you need to cover every square inch with information or a design. White space is your friend. By keeping the look minimal, you can focus attention on the things that you want customers to really pay attention to.
Consider Chevron Technologies to build your small business website. If you simply don’t have time to create a website, or if you want a unique design.
If you need help with your website contact us on 02 8011 3737 or email email@example.com and setup a time to connect you with technology today. We are your local Website Support and Development business in the Campbelltown & Macarthur region.
Some information from: